Are you a visual designer who enjoys ongoing challenges and learning? Does the thought of producing design solutions for an audience of visual-minded professionals excite you? Do you enjoy being part of a marketing team that shares your passion for visual art and design equally with a passion to drive results? Do you define a “good day” as one where you’ve shipped out something great and know that it’s going to make an impact? If so, read on!
Format is looking for a passionate, Visual Designer to join our mission to further entrench Format as the world’s leading online portfolio builder and platform for visual artists. Part design rebel and part design principles champion, as our Visual Designer you’ll report to our Lead Graphic Designer on our Marketing team and will be responsible for putting the visuals and design solutions in our growth engine. From our website and landing pages to display ads and beautiful content pieces, you’ll produce design solutions from concept to execution that aligns with our brand and inspires action from our audience. You’ll collaborate with the full team and stakeholders to develop big picture strategy, work on key initiatives with our direct and content marketers and partner closely with developers to produce final assets and design guidance.
Desired skills and experience:
As our Visual Designer you’ll need to be inspired by producing multiple forms of design and have a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated expertise in:
- Interactive & Website Design: You have demonstrated the ability to balance strong brand design with direct response elements that, together, deliver websites and landing pages that engage.
- Display Advertising: Who says nobody clicks on ads anymore? You know how to produce design assets for key social and advertising platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the Google Display network.
- Content Design: From infographics to emails to guides and collections you’ve demonstrated the knack to showcase content in a beautiful and readable form.
- Design Passion and Curiosity: You’re understanding and passion for design and typography show in your executions and your ability to produce work that truly comes together and stands out. You’re as much a student of design as you are a fan and, of course, are super comfortable with the Adobe Suite, Sketch and Invision.
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
You are inventive and resourceful and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations. We move fast, but we are smart about it.
- You are curious by nature and are continually seeking the insights, designs and concepts that resonate best with customers/your audience.
- You are super organized but equally focused on getting things done.
- You believe in collaboration and enjoy adding value and getting value by engaging with others
- You’re probably your own toughest critic and have an internal drive to produce design solutions that work and helps the entire team succeed
- You are absolutely passionate about the creative and visual artist community
Launched in 2008 in Liberty Village in Toronto, Format.com has quietly become the leading online portfolio builder for professional visual artists around the world to exhibit, market and sell their work. With 45+ team members, tens of thousands of customers in over 190 countries, and voted the #1 online portfolio by photographers, designers and artists, we’ve come a long way, but have really only just begun.
- Some of the benefits of working here include:
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io..res/format
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny)
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- In-office perks: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.