Roam Mobility, a rapidly growing MVNO operator in Canada and the U.S., is looking for a an intermediate to senior developer to join their small but expanding development team. We are looking for someone who can build multi-tiered RESTful systems servicing front-end web applications integrated with multiple queues and a mixture of third-party APIs.
We like to think of ourselves as authentic, innovative, and brave. We value creativity, courage, and innovation, and these qualities have helped us become Canada’s leading provider of talk, text, and data for travel in the U.S.
Who We Are Looking For:
You are attracted to startup environments where you have to think on your feet and your contributions have a huge impact, rather than large, corporate environments where, although your job is well defined, it is difficult to be exposed to all aspects of the business. However, you also appreciate working for a profitable company so that you can plan for the future. You will take the lead on projects and be a strong team member in a testing culture, following agile methodologies, and striving for deployment efficiencies.
- Web application development
- RESTful API development and integration
- Relational databases (Postgres and/or MySQL)
- Messaging/Queueing (RabbitMQ or similar)
- Concurrency and asynchronous development patterns
- Source versioning (git)
- Unit and functional testing frameworks/strategies
And the nice to have:
- Telco experience (provisioning, billing, customer care, networking)
- SOAP web services integration
- E-commerce (Magento / Zend / PHP)
- Atlassian On-Demand (Jira, Confluence, et al)