With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for the production of graphic and multimedia materials that will help build .CA’s brand, and promote HATCH products. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and media, ranging from design for print and online marketing, video and audio editing, and other multimedia products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of the Marketing and Communications team, you will build creative strategies that align with Hatch’s brand strategy.
- Create graphics and visual elements for HATCH’s web and social properties, email marketing, and a wide range of printed collateral.
- Provide desktop publishing for HATCH’s printed or electronic publications.
- Source stock photographs and images.
- Review design proofs for errors before printing or publishing.
- Efficiently plan and manage production schedules and workflow for the design process.
- Liaise with the Hatch proposal development team to develop various visual components under tight deadlines
What you bring
- Minimum 4-5 years progressive experience as a graphic designer in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design related program or equivalent experience
- Experience in proposal development and the proposal process
- Experience with web and multimedia design including layout, storyboarding and conceptual designs
- Experience with print design
- High proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premium Pro, Acrobat and Dreamweaver) and Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements
- Knowledge of desktop audio and video editing software
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards
- Strong interpersonal and marketing skills
- Ability to excel under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work under independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to provide samples of work via portfolio and/or website.
- Proficiency in English is essential; French language skills will be considered an asset.
Located in Mississauga, HATCH offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. Employees enjoy cutting edge projects, training and career development opportunities, in addition to competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.