Format is on the hunt for an Interactive / Web Designer and front end-developer in our Toronto office. We’re looking for someone who has a strong understanding of how design translates to web and the coding ability to make it happen. As an integral member of our design and development team, you will work on a broad range of engaging projects – from designing layouts, navigation and functionality to designing innovative web experiences and maintaining brand consistency across various media. This is an incredible opportunity to get down into the trenches of a growing business/product, work with cutting-edge technologies, and solve challenging problems daily.
Based out of Liberty Village in Toronto, we are focused on developing online products that improve the lives of creative professionals. Our flagship product, Format.com, makes it easy to build a professional portfolio website. Tens of thousands of creative professionals across all countries worldwide use our platform to beautifully showcase their work online, attract clients and grow their careers.
As an Interactive / Web Designer, you will work on projects and communication pieces that will inspire and engage our international community, including, but not limited to, interactive websites, advertising, Format Magazine, and our documentary series InFrame. Although you will be primarily designing and developing the projects you’re working on, every one of our projects is a team effort and you’ll need to work well with directors, project managers and other designers and developers along the way.
If you love experimenting with technology, have some serious design skills, and are obsessed with creating great user and brand experiences, then keep reading!
- 4+ years of professional experience designing and executing in the digital space
- Experience in interactive design of large scale website projects through to edgier campaigns, promotional materials and brand experiences
- Experience designing, coding, and testing web and mobile marketing collateral
- Experience in and knowledge of HTML/CSS, responsive design principles, and standard UX web practices
- Photoshop and Sketch App are our lifeblood – you must know and love them!
- You pride yourself on impeccable visual design, relentless attention to detail, and always push yourself to make things ever-simpler
- You have excellent communication skills that enable you to present concepts and designs to internal teams and non-creatives
- You successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and can handle a fast-paced work environment with deadlines, new challenges, and changing priorities
- You are self-motivated, innovative, possess strong organizational and time-management skills, and have a problem-crushing attitude!
- You have experience with print design and know how to setup files for larger printing press runs
Why Join Format?
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io..res/format
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny)
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- Some of our in-office perks include: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.