The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
The Marketing & Communications team at The University of Toronto Scarborough is growing and we are looking for dynamic, innovative digital storytellers to join us. Our team is a highly collaborative group of Marketing Communications professionals, driven to find new and creative ways to reach our audiences. We uncover the most inspiring and impactful stories from our communities and share those moments with audiences locally, nationally and internationally. We bring the U of T story to life, every day.
We are looking for a talented Interactive Digital Producer with experience creating compelling digital content. This role requires an accomplished storyteller, someone with deep experience building engaging video, photography and written content for multiple platforms from ideation to execution. An innovative creator that can conceptualize a project then write, shoot, edit and package that material into a mind-blowing work of art. U of T Scarborough is rich with diverse stories and we need someone to join the team and help bring these stories to life.
If you are interested in working with an iconic Canadian brand, are excited at the prospect of being a part of a purpose driven organization with a social conscience, and thrive in a fast paced, team environment, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Innovative, convention-challenging, agile creatives are asked to apply! Whether you are from higher education, media, broadcast, start-up, non-profit, or another sector, bring your talents to our team.
Join us and help share the U of T Scarborough story.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting photography and/or videography shoots
- Editing post-production audio and/or visual material
- Developing a plan for the use of multimedia that supports strategic communications objectives
- Developing and implementing content marketing plans that support strategic objectives
- Creating and/or editing original, published content and materials
- Planning and developing pre-production video ideas into outlines, scripts, and story boards
- Conducting interviews with leaders, faculty, staff and students for external publication
- Writing news and feature stories
- Three-year College diploma in video/audio production, broadcasting, journalism or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years' direct experience in video production, digital content creation, writing, editing, and social media
- Experience creating both short and long form content for digital and broadcast platforms
- Expert level ability in audio/video software: Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition, Media Encorder, InDesign or comparable software.
- Extensive experience in sound and lighting design, colour correction, colour grading, audio mixing, creating original animation
- Exceptional experience using video production equipment, including DSLR cameras, mixers, editors, microphones and audio equipment
- Familiarity and experience with graphic design including motion graphics and animation
- Demonstrated experience pitching original story ideas and completing all phases of the creative process including: concept development, research, interviews, writing, recording, editing, distribution, etc.
- Proven experience turning innovative story concepts into reality
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders
- Experience preparing subjects for on-screen appearances and interviews
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Extensive experience writing content for a wide range of audiences (both traditional and digital platforms)
- Demonstrated experience balancing competing priorities and multiple projects concurrently
- Experience using project management programs (Basecamp, Asana, etc.)
- Demonstrated creativity and the ability to tell original, compelling stories
- Experience working with complex organizations
- Understanding of current marketing, communications and branding principles and techniques
- Track record of delivering innovative projects within tight timelines
- Experience working in both team units and independently
- Ability to travel outside of the GTA for stories when necessary
- Secondary language skills an asset (ie: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Hindi, etc.)
- Experience in media or broadcast industries an asset
- Journalism experience an asset
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
Notes: Please include a link to your demo reel or portfolio with your application.
A copy of the full job description is available upon request from the UTSC HR Office.
United Steelworkers (USW)
Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: USW Pay Band 11 -- $65,669 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $83,978. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Communications / Media / Public Relations
Aug 16, 2019
Sept 2, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Please note that there are two Interactive Digital Producer vacancies (Job Number 1903404 and 1903406). Please submit two separate applications to be considered for both positions.