About A.K.A. New Media Inc.
A.K.A. is a leading Toronto-based strategic communications and interactive agency that develops customized online and offline solutions for prominent companies across a range of industries, including not-for-profit organizations. Since its inception in 1997, A.K.A. has exemplified a passionate commitment to providing the highest quality communication and technical solutions.
A.K.A. is seeking an Intermediate Interactive Designer to join it’s progressive design team to work on a wide array of creative projects from complete corporate brand identity through to the development of complex online branding properties. We are looking for candidates with a strong design and interactive background to work within our informal yet fast-paced company environment.
From initial concept development through to final execution, the candidate will participate in all aspects of the creative and production process, with a focus on production of creative assets and supporting the senior design team on complex custom interactive projects. A.K.A. is continually evolving and is seeking experienced creative talent to engage, infuse and impact its team.
- Minimum 1 year professional interactive web design experience
- Formal post-secondary design education
- Ability to design intelligent, inspiring and modern design concepts that are both uniquely creative and user-friendly
- Experience developing complete branding for clients from overall logo & identity through to online presence, corporate material, and other marketing collateral (i.e. E-Newsletters, brochures, tradeshow materials, online and print advertisements, etc.)
- Meticulous with design details and quality
- Understanding of UI, Information Architecture, Wireframe and Usability Design
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience working collaboratively with Art Director and other creative and production team members (designers and web developers)
- Proven track record of working effectively with the account team to exceed client expectations and clearly address given briefs and/or client objectives
- Self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Dedicated, passionate and committed
- Must enjoy being challenged by Executive team, clients & senior design team
- Experience working in an agency environment
- The ability to explore, sketch and storyboard initial design concepts by hand (non-digitally) is an asset
- Traditional print and graphic design experience
- Social networking and marketing
- Experience working collaboratively with web developers to design websites suitable for development through specific Content Management Systems
- Ability to present and pitch creative strategies and concepts to client in an articulate manner
Must have a mastery of the following software:
- Adobe Photoshop 7.0 or higher
- Image Ready 7.0
- Adobe Illustrator 9.0 or higher
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Flash
- Quark Express 5.0
- Director MX 2004
- Microsoft Office X
- Macromedia Flash MX 2004 and ActionScript
- Experience with video/audio software an asset