Interaction UI/UX Designer
Globacore is an award winning creative tech company specializing in mixed/virtual reality, game dev, multi-touch surfaces and unique human-computer interactions. We specialize in large format, multi-touch surfaces, game development and unique human computer interactions using both physical and digital elements. Examples of our work include custom made video games for corporate clients, mobile applications for events. Almost all of our applications are backed by custom content management systems, mobile registration apps, game controllers, links to social media web services, and tailored analytics. Thanks to a well-rounded team of computer programmers, digital artists, and interactive producers we can provide full turnkey solutions from creative conceptualization of the experience through to design, hardware engineering, software programming and installation.
We’re searching for an Interaction Graphic Designerwith a strong interest in technology.
The ideal candidate is a fast and meticulous visual designer, excellent UI and UX design skills. Heavier on the UI skills, but understands and can produce UX documents. Candidate must have a good sense of humour, team spirit and a passion for experimenting and pushing pixels well beyond their boundaries.
Role & Responsibilities
- Craft digital experiences from prototype right through to the production stages
- Strong understanding of responsive design, mobile and content use-cases
- Teams up well with developers and engineering types to cultivate an atmosphere conducive to hacking and creative solutions
- Must have passion, design strength and a constantly expanding taste for knowledge of interactive media, like imagining how VR and AR interfaces could work
- Researching and exploring the most elegant interface for the product
- Develop detailed layouts and design, thinking through the user experience and the software functionality
- Capacity to multi-task, manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to sketch out ideas for interfaces on pen and paper is a plus
- Experience in animation is a plus (for button and menu transitions, etc.)
- Ping pong skills are advantageous
- At least 5 years of professional working experience with a focus on UI/UX design
- Post-secondary education – preferably in design (diploma, degree, certificate)
- A solid background or training in graphic design
- Naturally curious and recognizes current design trends
- Proven experience with creating real world application interfaces
- Online Portfolio which demonstrates a desire for the creation of illustration, motion graphics, and interactive digital interfaces
- Mastery of common creative and design tools is a must (Photoshop, Illustrator)
o Candidates with InDesign/Quark, 3D skills and exposure to Unity are preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and be able to code, debug and integrate to standards is highly valued
- Of course, you are familiar with PowerPoint and Keynote…right? And you have experience designing pitch decks and presentations….just saying!
You must thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment in a rapidly growing and successful organization. Typical business hours are 8:00am to 6:00pm (so individual work hours are flexible within that schedule) Monday through Friday. Off-hours work and weekend work may be required on a limited basis. We offer a competitive salary (the range starts at $60,000 but we are flexible and we will pay you what you are worth), an amazing work environment, great benefits and wonderful people!