Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. It leads the planning in the region with its Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. It builds light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail and operates GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
Responsible for filming, editing and the delivery of multi-channel video content in support of divisional and corporate client’s business requirements. Reporting to the Manager, Creative Services, this role is also responsible for the conceptualization, design, production and delivery of motion graphic assets, including modeling, animation and outputting of high quality, innovative motion graphic content.
- Films and edits video content in support of marketing, corporate and educational purposes.
- Works with clients, producers, creative and art directors, talent and shoots solo
- Visualizes video solutions through the development of storyboards and develops production scripts and briefs to support client business requirements
- Assists in location scouting and permissions
- Setup and capture of footage, including, lighting and audio capture
- Edits footage in post-production
- Data “wrangling”, encoding & delivery for web and broadcast
- Produces motion graphics and 3D content from concept to delivery for broadcast and digital channels.
- Communicates with clients, where applicable, regarding the production and delivery of content.
- Encoding, converting and editing videos with graphical sequences.
- Keeping aware of new technologies and techniques to deliver cutting edge work.
- Develops and implements motion graphic design concepts and ensures their support of strategic objectives and alignment with brand standards.
- Assists in guiding the use of corporate, sub brand, program and project visual identities to achieve alignment and consistency and to build brand integrity and recognition through all customer touch points.
- Assists in the oversight of the digital asset management system (DAM) and media management, available to staff across the organization, ensuring assets are properly archived.
- Attends weekly Creative Services Team status meetings to assist in maintaining efficient coordination of design projects.
- Champions the implementation and support of new Creative Services processes and tools with business and creative team counterparts.
- Assists in continuously maintain/update Creative Services weekly status report.
- Collaborates with agencies and other vendor partners, where applicable, in the delivery of video and motion graphic projects
- Develops, builds and sustains relationships with internal customers across the organization to understand business requirements, deliver services based on expectations, and collect feedback that will drive improvements/enhancements to processes
- Works closely with Customer Experience and Marketing business units to ensure the development and execution of progressive video and motion graphic solutions that meet both departmental and corporate objectives
Location: 10 Bay Street, Toronto
- Completion of a diploma or degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Multimedia or related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent, ad / design agency experience will be considered an asset
- Minimum five (5) years’ progressive experience in video and motion graphics development, creative/graphic functions.
- Experience creating video and motion graphics standards and visual identity systems a requirement
- Prior experience working with creative agencies and related service contracts
- In-depth industry knowledge and thorough understanding of best practices in: video and motion graphics, typography, illustration, photography, color theory, multimedia authoring tools and corporate identity
- Expert understanding of branding principles and hierarchy
- Expert use of video production hardware / equipment, including, cameras, lighting and audio, drones, gimbals, sliders, etc.
- Expert knowledge of video production and graphical software suites, such as the Adobe Master or Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, etc., is a requirement
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate creative ideas and direction to clients and partners
- Strong presentation and communication skills to clearly articulate multimedia and design solutions to internal/external stakeholders as well as management
- Excellent tact, diplomacy, political acuity, and understanding of the public “pulse”.