Bow Valley College is the largest and fastest growing Comprehensive Community College in Alberta. We have over 20 locations across southern Alberta helping 14,000 learners each year. Our mission is to contribute to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services which equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge-based environment.
Why work at Bow Valley College? We have recently been named one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2018. Bow Valley College is made up of employees who are committed to our learners´ success, as well as each other´s. Our staff and faculty consistently say it is the people who keep them at the College, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors.
The School of Community Studies and Creative Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an Instructor of Digital Marketing. The Instructor applies skill in teaching and learning to facilitate inclusive student engagement and educational approaches for learners as they develop digital marketing skills. The instructor guides the development of curriculum, courses, and methodologies to address the learning requirements within the Digital Marketing program. The instructor works collaboratively with faculty and internal stakeholders to facilitate inclusive learning opportunities for learners of varying skill-levels and experience; delivers digital marketing and production courses/programs as needed; supports internal research into continuous instructional improvement; and liaises with external stakeholders to support placement and partnership opportunities in industry.
Provides program and curriculum support – 50%
- Instructs courses as assigned.
- Liaises with external stakeholders.
- Develops community partnerships in industry for placement support.
- Develops and reviews course/curriculum with faculty and Program Coordinator support.
- Provides expertise in social media and marketing related initiatives.
Provides a positive learning experience for students - 15%
- Supports faculty to ensure best practices in instructional delivery.
- Supports innovation in course development and instructional design.
- Identifies areas of concerns and refer to the Program Coordinator for follow up if necessary.
- Supports the program in awarding scholarships and bursaries.
- Participates in college and departmental events that promote student success (for example: orientation, open house, graduation, conferences).
Builds and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and promote the department and the College – 15%
- Keeps current regarding changes in industry and supports curriculum redesign as required.
- Keeps current with industry practices in creative design, industry software, and digital marketing.
- Assists with articulation and transfer activity as required.
- Meets with industry and community stakeholders and sit on Advisory Committee.
- Attends external industry networking events.
- Participates in recruitment events.
- Collaborates with Chiu School of Business in joint diploma initiatives.
Other duties/special projects - 20%
- Follows College Policies and procedures.
- Completes any professional development requirements (for example: D2L; Agresso Student Module Training, Instruction Skills Training, FOIP).
- Maintains current understand of industry trends and innovation.
- Other duties as assigned.