Job ID: 1032870
Scope: Open competition
Closing Date: November 22, 2015
Classification: Program Services 3
Alberta Education supports students, parents, teachers and administrators from Early Childhood Services (ECS) through Grade 12. Share your talent, your leadership and your success as you shape the future of education in Alberta.
If you're looking for an exciting internal marketing and communications position, consider joining the HR rocks team at Alberta Education. We're looking for a proactive, creative, tech savvy individual to develop innovative strategies and plans for marketing and communicating human resource information, programs, and initiatives to ministry staff. You will also provide similar support to one other partner ministry and their HR branch. Your passion for marketing combined with excellence in writing, desktop publishing skills, and social media expertise will position you well for this role.
- Engaging stakeholders in the branch to ensure that human resource communications and marketing strategies are effective and engaging
- Creating and editing communications and marketing products for human resource programs, events, and initiatives which includes job ads, planning documents and reports, briefing notes, videos, promotional posters, submissions for internal newsletters and the intranet site
- Ensuring an effective online strategy and presence through setting up, monitoring and responding to human resources web-based activity on the department intranet (blogging) and maintaining online content for human resource information
- Participating on relevant committees and supporting department initiatives and branch projects including employee recognition, recruitment, new employee orientation, and training
- Working closely with the Communications branch to understand and apply corporate identity protocol and practices and to support internal communications initiatives
A diploma or university degree related to communications and marketing plus two years of direct experience is required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and specifically with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is required. Web and video editing and web content management including writing is highly preferred. Human resources knowledge or experience would be an asset. A cover letter that includes a brief description of how you have demonstrated the following competencies in your work is required.
Creative Problem Solving: Assesses options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions; proactively initiates plans and identifies communications and marketing ideas for events, services and programs.
Agility: Anticipates, assesses and readily adapts to changing priorities, maintains resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively works in a changing environment.
Develop networks: Proactively builds networks and builds trust in relationships with different stakeholders, both within the branch, the ministry, and across the APS.
$2,524.91 to $3,311.86 bi-weekly ($65,900 to $86,439 annually)
The Alberta Public Service is a great place to work.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan: http://www.chr.alber..ist410.cfm
- Pension plan: http://pspp.ca
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance.
How to Apply
Online applications are required. Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter; resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume). Applicants will be able to track the status of this competition online.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) - http://eae.alberta.c..rvice.aspx It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Monique Calliou (780) 427-6144.