AVP, Group Sales, Western Canada
Join a dynamic and growing company! Equitable Life of Canada has a current job opportunity in Saskatchewan or Manitoba for Group Marketing Managers (GMM's), reporting to our Assistant Vice-President, Group Sales, Western Canada.
The GMM is responsible for new business sales and the profitable management of a portfolio of group benefit clients. There are new business, retention/growth and profitability expectations for this role.
- Sell Equitable Life group products & services by developing strong partnerships through personal contact with clients, advisors, and TPA's.
- Conduct financial negotiations with clients and advisors to ensure the assigned block of business renews profitably each year
- Overall responsibility for developing client/advisor relationships and delivering on their needs & service expectations
- Minimum three years of experience in successful sales/consulting of group benefits insurance; previous underwriting experience an asset
- In depth knowledge of group benefit plan design; applicable financial and underwriting principles; and, taxation rules as applied to group benefit plans
- Strong leadership and mentoring/coaching skills experience
- Computer literate including familiarity with group benefits web applications
- Customer focused and able to work successfully as part of a team
- Proven examples of using negotiating and influencing skills to drive sales
- Valid drivers license and vehicle required