Perimeter Institute, Canada’s leading international center for research and educational outreach in theoretical physics, is searching for a Graphics and Web Specialist. Our award winning outreach team communicates the importance of basic research and the power of theoretical physics to general audiences across Canada and beyond.
The Graphics and Web Specialist utilizes exceptional graphic design and technical skills to create and publish a variety of content at the highest levels of quality. The Specialist plays a vital role in bringing Perimeter’s many communication messages to life.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Specialist will collaborate with others throughout the wider Perimeter community to coordinate, create and deliver highly compelling graphics and messages across a variety of platforms, particularly involving digital assets. The Specialist will work with the Production Manager to implement and reinforce brand standards while establishing a rigorous process to ensure high quality communications products.
- Participate in developing materials to serve the needs throughout many departments
- Produce professional, polished materials from concept to conclusion - including the design, layout, artwork and graphics
- Publish finished content to a number of platforms - including the web, intranet, digital signage, PowerPoint, ads, posters, briefs, reports and other publications
- Participate in the creation and production of educational resources involving online graphics, booklets, possible multi-media and a wide variety of other materials
- Produce marketing and promotional materials to advance PI programs, products and messages through various media
- Support and integrate PI brand standards into all messages, materials, products and marketing efforts
- Edit and present content in accordance with the PI style guide, information architecture procedures, search engine optimization, and other best practices
- Coordinate outside suppliers for photography, design, printing, translation and other services as required
- Organize the filing and archiving of graphics, photos, text and educational resources
- Empower various departments to create content by supplying templates, consulting, and providing other services as required • Perform other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have 4 years of print and web experience, with a postsecondary degree in digital media/graphic design. The ideal candidate will also be a strategic thinker, have project management experience, and have expert knowledge of Adobe CS.
For a full job description and list of requirements or to apply, please see the online posting at www.perimeterinstitute.ca in the “Careers” section.