TC Printing is currently looking for talented Graphic Layout Artists to join our team on a full-time permanent and contract basis. Day and afternoon shifts are available. Please indicate your availability in your application.
Purpose of the Position:
This position is responsible for overseeing electronic layout of print media that includes determining the elements required for the page layout. The incumbent will determine the text, artwork, colours and file types and formats to produce the flyer and/or catalogs that are aligned with the customer’s requirements and Company standards.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Generate an electronic layout of marketing material
- Assemble the digital elements of the document
- Generate required additional graphic elements such as artwork
- Produce the template for page layout in collaboration with the design team
- Ensure the project is created to specification and produce proofs for approval
- Format all files to print standards
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (or work experience equivalent) in computer graphics or print production
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Graphic Layout Artist
- Strong knowledge of CS4, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Solid understanding of the Mac Operating System (OSX)
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Retail Graphic Layout experience an asset
- Creative ability and design sense a definite asset
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure and demonstrated leadership skills
- Project accuracy to completion
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Your application will be treated with confidentiality and within equal opportunity principles.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.