Rebellion connects millions of users every day to personalized content and communities through its large and growing family of websites, mobile apps and digital tools. In categories spanning sports, technology, lifestyle and entertainment, Rebellion acquires successful digital brands, then boosts them to the next level by applying a smart mix of tools and skills. We believe in taking risks, we’re not afraid of failure, and we think it’s a mistake to build a business if you can’t have some fun along the way.
We are looking for a graphic designer that can take one of our sites, sculpt out the vision and then run with it to make it look awesome!
We are looking for a talented individual that is passionate about their work, will work well within a team and is willing to fight for their vision.
We require a design guru with a vast knowledgebase that can lead designs in our featured categories of Moms, Health & Fitness, Tech and Crafting.
What You’ll Do
- Be a key player on - and work with - our growing Mobile Development and Mobile Strategy teams
- Create sketches, wireframes, or prototypes to map out, visualize and test application flow
- Push the development team to pixel perfection
- Deliver an engaging user experience, in terms of visual aesthetic, ease of understanding and use, and device independence
- Work as part of a team that's focused on continual skills improvement and helping each other learn new thingsd
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Ability to map basic UI flows and identify common use cases during wireframe and interactive prototype creation
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- An analytical, meticulous, detail-obsessed mindset
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment where formal project requirements or design guidelines are not always available
- Initiative to own the process from initial concept to production-ready solution and beyond
- Strong interest in emerging technologies, design usability best practices, mobile and social networking trends
- Know your way around Mac OSX
- Experience with XCode, HTML5, Git, PHP, MySQL
- Experience on all Platforms and form factors (Apple, Droid, iPhone, iPad, etc)
- Experience with Axure (or another type of interactive prototype software)
- Social Networking, Strategy and Analysis
Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Rebellion has a cool office space featuring a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water and RedBull. We have a large patio area great for ad hoc meetings or BBQ’s, and have mixed entertainment including video games, 60” TV’s featuring PS2 and Apple TV, or you can challenge a teammate to a game of foosball.
To express interest, please include a cover letter and resume, noting the job title of Graphic Designer in the email subject line. All applications will be kept confidential.
150 Caroline St. #406, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 0A5