About La Rocca Creative Cakes
La Rocca Creative Cakes (LRCC) was established 1986 and we have since grown to become one of the most respected artisanal dessert manufacturers in North America. With a focus on creativity and quality, every La Rocca cake is designed and handcrafted by one of our artisan pastry chefs.
We love what we do and we hope you love what we bake! Enjoy! For more information, please visit our website.
Your New Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join our team in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will use their skills and talent to create and execute impactful packaging as well as other marketing material on print and digital across all of La Rocca’s communication platforms.
More specifically, you will focus on ensuring all design applications are aligned with La Rocca’s brand identity and are delivering a consistent message.
Responsibilities will include, not limited to:
- Developing differentiated, innovative packaging and market collateral
- Creating marketing materials, such as brochures, catalogues and presentations
- Creating and publishing digital content for web and social media
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Executing product photography with in-house studio equipment
- Managing La Rocca’s digital assets
- Creating graphic design applications and developing brand standards for internal and external partners
- Providing graphic design and digital marketing support for events (e.g. promotions, demos, trade shows)
- Coordinating marketing vendors (quotes, schedules, delivery and distribution)
What we need
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Communication or a related field combined with 3 - 5 years of brand design experience, preferably in a CPG or food service industry.
The following are highly desired assets:
- Packaging design experience in consumer goods/products or other print mediums
- Strong ability to render and communicate ideas, a flexibility of vision, responsiveness to creative input, and great visual sensibilities
- Excellent written communication skills: proofreading, copy editing
- Food photography and retouching an asset
- Highly skilled with Adobe CS; particularly Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of web content management (WordPress; SEO; Analytics)
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies
Our ideal candidate will have a presentable and strong portfolio that demonstrates capabilities in the execution of a variety of design projects, such as advertisements, websites, signage, branding, direct mail and more; knowledge of typography, color and production will be readily apparent.
You will do well in this role if you can use your superior interpersonal skills combined with a positive attitude to work as part of a team to ensure that La Rocca's brand identity and message are delivered in a consistent fashion and to the highest standard.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary, dependent on your skills and experience plus a great host of benefits, including:
- Extended Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Additional incentives
- Social and team-building events, including seasonal parties
If you are an energetic professional who is excited about helping to build a brand from the ground up and making your mark on the future of the organization - apply to La Rocca Creative Cakes today!