SchoolMessenger, a subsidiary of West Corporation, is seeking its next Graphic Designer. SchoolMessenger is the leading provider of communication solutions for the education market, ensuring educators are able to quickly and easily connect with their communities in any language and at any device. The company is counted on by thousands of school districts, colleges, private schools and other institutions to keep parents, staff and students informed in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
We are looking for the idea candidate who will be responsible for the development of layouts and designs for marketing materials across multiple business units. Duties include:
- Participate in meetings to define strategy for campaign or deliverables,
- Develop layouts and designs incorporating content from business unit.
- Ensure that the budget for each project is adhered to
- Balance quality deliverables and price whilst ensuring consistency in branding across business units while maintaining each business units unique identity
- Design display booths for tradeshow usage
- Create concept and design for website layout working with vendors or internal contacts to code and develop website
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in commercial art or graphic design required
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for these requirements
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in graphic design experience in an advertising agency or corporate environment required
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel required
- Advanced knowledge of Mac platform required
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, QuarkXpress, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign required