Gowlings is a leading Canadian law firm offering a diverse range of services within intellectual property law, business law and advocacy to help organizations achieve their business objectives. Gowlings has over 700 professionals across offices in Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo Region, Calgary, Vancouver, Beijing, Moscow and London, U.K.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic team-player to join our Marketing and Business Development Group as a Graphic Designer on a 1-year contract.
Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Gowlings brand by creating innovative and engaging visuals across a range of print and digital platforms.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Create, co-ordinate and execute — from start to finish — the design of a wide range of print and digital marketing collateral, including but not limited to, ads, brochures, guides, web graphics, PowerPoint presentations, evites, reports and signage
- Ensure all marketing collateral adheres to brand guidelines and meets the highest standards of quality
- Collaborate with fellow Creative Services team members, the Marketing Communications team and Marketing & BD Group colleagues from across the firm to brainstorm creative concepts, effectively manage projects and produce outstanding work
- Co-ordinate the timely production and distribution of marketing collateral, including liaising with translators, agencies, printing houses and other vendors
- Complete updates and revisions to existing marketing collateral
- Organize and provide creative direction for photo/video shoots as required
- Assist in managing the intake of design requests
- Other duties as required
- Degree/diploma in graphic design and at least five years’ experience in a design role
- Advanced knowledge and highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, preferably in a PC environment, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong knowledge of Flash/CSS
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Creative, professional, solutions-oriented approach to tasks
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver outstanding work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills, with a keen eye for detail