NHOB - Foundation
Hours (Subject to change)
37.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the position additional hours may be required.
The Graphic Designer will be able to provide multi-skilled graphic support in both digital and print applications for Mount Sinai Hospital with a strong emphasis on the Advancement (Foundation) portfolio. The successful candidate must be highly experienced in both web and print design and maintain a high level of artistic standard, as well as incorporating the organization’s brand standards. This person is a proven design talent with excellent creative direction for visual storytelling.
This Temporary Full Time assignment is expected to last up to twelve (12) months.
This position includes all aspects of web and print design with a strong knowledge of production to carry a project through from concept to delivery. The individual has experience in concept development, knowledge of common industry software & applications, workflow management, file preparations & specifications, file retrievals and vendor negotiations. Under general direction, the candidate should be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The candidate will be reporting directly to the Director, Advancement Communications & Marketing at Mount Sinai Hospital Foundation.
Digital Graphic Design (Web) & Development
Using Adobe Creative Suite CS6, develop and design print materials such as brochures, event & program materials, advertising, promotional items, and corporate identity projects & templates. Oversee the concept, design, layout and pre-press of these projects.
Working with the project team provide additional production support on assigned projects. Typical duties include workflow management, vendor negotiation, print buying, stock selection, quality control and logistical coordination.
Other duties as assigned by Director, Advancement Communications & Marketing
- Successful completion of a College diploma preferably in Graphic Design, or a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Successful completion of a University degree in a related field from an accredited educational institution preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience preferably within a large, dynamic not for profit environment.
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite CS6 to design in a Microsoft Windows environment preferred.
- Experience with Net Community/Blackbaud or other database management products and software an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner; respectful and service oriented to clients, volunteers, and peer foundation and hospital staff.
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.