Graphic Designer full-time
We are a creative, mac-based multimedia and publishing company specializing in luxury weddings. We employ a staff of highly motivated go-getters and are looking for a talented designer to join our team.
This position requires someone who wants to be part of a small business that does big things! You must be an experienced graphic designer who loves flowers, fashion, trendspotting and ALL THINGS related to design! You swoon over girly colour palettes, obsess over new script fonts and pride yourself on being a stickler for the principals of proper typography. You boast a LONG list
of favourite blogs and you know a thing or two about social media.
You will be creating countless beautiful, whimsical,
luxurious and elegant designs (in print and online) for a national luxury wedding magazine + daily blog. You will facilitate all design-related customer service requests and manage and design the ads of over 300 of our esteemed clients.
You must emanate a positive energy. You must be
passionate, take great pride in your work and be
able to produce beautiful things under pressure.
You are a self-starter, enjoy working independently
with minimal supervision, but you’re a team player.
Your Adobe CS skills are honed to perfection and you can also pen a great paragraph when required!
If you’re the right person for the job, here are the
specifics tasks of the position:
GRAPHIC DESIGN duties
- Assist with magazine layout
- Create and post daily blog entries by designing elegant, original graphics
- Create print ad designs for various clients
- Design all outgoing marketing material
- Update website with original graphics (using online software that does not require programming knowledge)
- Create online banner ads
- Design custom DVD packaging for video clients admin related duties
- Answer all graphic design related calls in a professional, friendly, time-sensitive and engaging manner
- Answer email inquiries with the right mix of personality and business acumen
- Ongoing communication with clients regarding their artwork status, etc.
- Maintain accurate database of client information
- Collect, manage and archive digital artwork from clients
- Maintain and organize a large volume of digital photos
- Archive & catalog all multimedia files
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design from a recognized multi-year program
- Strong time management/organizational skills with ability to prioritize/work with minimum supervision
- Proficient on a MAC computer
- Proficient with Adobe CS suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You will report directly to the Editor-in-Chief of WedLuxe and work closely with our Director of Sales.
Interviews will begin early August, 2011
Position starts: mid August, 2011