Ernst & Young's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, Ernst & Young continually strives to be a great place to work.
- Assists clients, CSG team and Marketing and Communications with design needs - relying on firm brand, conceptualize shared ideas used in the development of electronic and print projects.
- Applies advanced design skills and a broad knowledge of current design and production techniques adhering to firm brand.
- Offers multifaceted conceptual design and production solutions to internal clients based on strategies in relation to client business needs.
- Works with CSG team on design projects from concept through production, balances multiple priorities simultaneously, to meet client commitments and deadlines.
- Within brand standards, develops leading-edge designs and innovative ideas for print and electronic client deliverables.
- Effectively creates layouts with strong typography and appropriate use of colour, images and fonts, allowing for readability of type.
- Effectively creates interactive presentations using a variety of software tools to create on and off screen presentations.
- Maintains expertise with graphics software tools and has proficiency in firm standard loadset.
- Knowledge for troubleshooting technical issues in graphic files for pre-press and printing - linking graphics, including fonts and creating colour separations.
- Fundamental knowledge for troubleshooting technical issues in electronic files for on screen viewing - graphic linking, file size, venue execution.
- Shares best practices utilizing 'state-of-the-art' techniques, equipment, and advancements within the design community. Pursues and shares best practices within the department.
- Works with clients, Marketing and Communications, and other CSG teams to assist clients in selecting an effective design and deliverable solution within firm brand.
- Participates in project meetings and positive discussions relating to appropriate graphics methods/techniques to meet project requirements.
- Negotiates project deadlines to create timelines, determines project scope to define cost estimates, and schedule changes for client approval.
- Assists in establishing vendor lists, develops and maintains vendor relationships, and works with external vendors regarding the coordination of production for external products and services.
- Supports firm brand.
- Understands, implements, and strictly adheres to the quality standards and procedures established by Ernst & Young.
- Thinks strategically to relate design work to the client's business needs.
- Experience working in a corporate environment and adhering to internal branding standards an asset.
- Advanced skills level in the use of Mac based design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Flash, etc.
- Advanced skills level in PC based standard loadset applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Lotus Notes.
- College diploma or technical certificate in graphic arts design.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Some travel to other EY offices will be required