We’re looking for designers who can craft beautiful designs while also having a deep understanding of how applications should work and feel. You’ll work closely with engineers to develop new interface paradigms and establish all aspects of the user experience on a project. You’ll be active is making and advising on core decisions throughout projects and must be willing to take creative risks, experiment with ideas and approaches, and do whatever it takes to create the best work possible.
- You’ll design everything from style guides and GUIs to page templates.
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives.
- Create and understand user flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Participate in and actively contribute to research and insight formation.
- Establishing approaches to scalable design systems across devices.
- Implementing and co-creating responsive and native device designs.
- You’ll work iteratively: developing ideas from sketches and graphics to prototypes.
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs.
- Collaborate with engineers to craft designs that use modern standards and processes.
- Love learning about emerging design trends, standards and technology.
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication.
- You have illustration skills to enhance UI experiences across platforms.
- You have experience designing animations and micro-interactions to make user experiences delightful.
- Aptitude with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketch, and an eagerness to learn new tools.
- Must have at least 2 years or equivalent of industry experiences.
- Must have a degree or diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- Ability to create great icons or illustrations.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS & JS, especially their issues and quirks.
- Experience with prototyping tools like Framer, Flinto, or Principle.
- Have a passion for design thinking.
Some of the perks we offer include:
- The opportunity to make a real impact and build products that millions of people use every day
- Internal professional development and creative workshops (recently: clay & ceramics, terrarium-making, design thinking, anti-oppression)
- access to resources for self‑education and career growth
- A beautiful downtown office with the best view in the city
- A culture that is continuously evolving
- We offer full medical/dental benefits upon completion of a probationary period.
Our goal at Playground is to create a space where we can be our best selves, where we can do our best work and where we can support each other in doing so. We want to nurture an empathetic, collaborative and inclusive office culture. You can read more about our values and how we work toward that end in our Code of Conduct.
- This is a permanent and full-time position (40 hours of work per week).
- English language working environment.