ABOUT THE ROLE
We are a growing firm in the multi-media health, wellness, and professional development space, and as we look toward the future, we know that great design must be at the core of our brand, product and marketing. Our digital presence and communication approach with our clients and end users needs to be of the highest caliber, so we are looking to expand our team with a full time Graphic Designer.
LifeSpeak is a rapidly growing company whose digital platform helps organizations promote wellness and keep their employees engaged. We make it easy for employees and their families to access the support and inspiration they need to overcome hurdles and accomplish personal goals.
You will work out of our historic office in downtown Toronto. Your time will be divided into five areas:
- Developing Digital Materials: Working with our Product Manager, you will assist with storyboarding, wire framing and mocking-up web and mobile concepts.
- Developing Print Materials: You will design posters, brochures, information sheets, presentations, and other materials that help communicate the value of LifeSpeak.
- Video Editing: When required, you will assist with video editing. This includes contributing to storyboards, shooting, editing (for web and streaming).
- Improving Brand Identity: You will be a key person in ensuring design integrity and brand alignment across all touch points, both traditional and digital.
- UX Design: You will provide UX design support to our Product Manager for web and mobile product concepts.
QUALIFICATIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are either a recent graduate looking for a company to unleash your desire to show the world what you can do; or you are looking to make a major impact someplace after your first few years of work.
- Degree or Diploma in Visual Creative Arts, Interaction Design, Web Design, Digital Graphic Arts, Multi-Media Design or another relevant post-secondary program.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects. Mastery of MS Office.
- Solid understanding of best design principles for typography, layout, color, graphics and user interface.Post-production video editing for web and mobile.
- Strong ability to develop platform-specific UI/UX including wire framing and mock-ups. Good sense for creating intuitive and enjoyable multi-screen UX.
- Self-starter with a passion to learn and improve your skillset in the rapidly evolving medium of web and mobile.
- Rapid prototyping ability with strong attention to visual details.
- Ability to meet goals and timelines. As an agile team we move fast and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills; talent for technical report writing and data visualization.
IT WOULD BE A BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Previous experience working with video technology, streaming videos/audio across devices.
- Designing for search engine optimization.
- Ability to code HTML/CSS
- Fluency in French
- $40K to $50K salary
- Benefits Coverage
- 4 Weeks of Vacation