We are a creative, mac-based publishing company specializing in luxury weddings. We are searching for a talented graphic designer who is able to create and curate things of beauty for print or pixels.
You are an experienced graphic designer. In addition to your design skills you love flowers, fashion, trendspotting and ALL THINGS related to design! You swoon over girly colour palettes, obsess over new script fonts and pride yourself on being a stickler for the principals of proper typography. You have a LONG list of favourite fonts, style icons, photographers, creative idols and blogs.
Working directly with our Art Director and Editor-in-Chief you will be creating beautiful, whimsical, luxurious and elegant designs (in print and online) for a national luxury wedding magazine, wedding show, website, daily blog and iPad app. You will facilitate all design-related customer service requests and manage and design the ads of our esteemed clients. You will also assist with the conceptualization and production of editorial photo shoots. You must emanate a positive energy. You must be passionate, take great pride in your work and be able to multi-task. You are a self-starter, enjoy working independently with minimal supervision, but you’re a consummate team player. You demonstrate impeccable attention to detail, while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Your Adobe CS skills are honed to perfection.
If you’re the right person for the job, here are the specifics tasks of the position:
GRAPHIC DESIGN DUTIES
- Assist with magazine layout
- Create print ad designs for various clients
- Convert print content to online graphics
- Design outgoing marketing material
- Create online banner ads
- Assist with conceptualization and on-set production of editorial shoots
- Research design trends and proactively provide innovative ideas for design solutions
- Answer graphic design related phone calls and/or emails in a professional, friendly, time-sensitive and engaging manner
- Ongoing communication with clients regarding their artwork status, etc.
- Maintain accurate database of client information
- Collect, manage and archive digital artwork from clients
- Maintain and organize a large volume of digital photos
- Archive & catalog multimedia files
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in graphic design from a recognized multi-year program
- 1-3 years experience
- Passion for, and demonstrated excellence in typography
- Strong time management/organizational skills with ability to prioritize/work with minimum supervision
- Proficient on a MAC computer
- Proficient with Adobe CS suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of, and some experience with WordPress is a bonus
Interviews commence AUGUST 18, 2014, Position starts: SEPTEMBER 5, 2014