ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services teams work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic team-player to join our Marketing and Business Development Group as a Graphic Designer.
Reporting to the Creative and Design Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Gowling WLG brand by creating innovative and engaging visuals across a range of print and digital platforms.
This position will be filled in one of the following offices of Gowling WLG Canada: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, or Hamilton.
- Create, co-ordinate and execute — from start to finish — the design of a wide range of print and digital marketing collateral, including but not limited to, ads, brochures, guides, web graphics, powerpoint presentations, evites, reports and signage.
- Ensure all marketing collateral adheres to brand guidelines and meets the highest standards of quality
- Collaborate with fellow Creative Services team members, the Marketing Communications team and Marketing & BD Group colleagues from across the firm to brainstorm creative concepts, effectively manage projects and produce outstanding work
- Co-ordinate the timely production and distribution of marketing collateral, including liaising with translators, agencies, printing houses and other vendors
- Complete updates and revisions to existing marketing collateral
- Organize and provide creative direction for photo/video shoots as required
- Assist in managing the intake of design requests
- Other duties as required.
Degree/diploma in graphic design and at least 3 years’ experience in a design role
- Advanced knowledge and highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, preferably in a Mac environment, as well as Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Creative, professional, solutions-oriented approach to tasks
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver outstanding work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills, with a keen eye for detail