Reporting to the Manager, POP Design & Production, the Graphic Designer will produce design solutions to meet our clients objectives and timelines. The Graphic Designer will provide creative, inspiring and educational marketing and merchandising P.O.P. and Décor solutions that effectively communicate product, program and/or service information to our customers. Our team provides customers with the tools they need to buy the right products for the right jobs, make informed and educated purchase decisions, and effectively navigate our stores.
The person in this role must have a good balance of creativity and business savvy, in order to produce creative work that fits the needs and style of the organization. The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software, ability to manage multiple projects at once, a team-minded attitude and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Use the principals of good design, layout, colour theory, and typography, craft creative design solutions that engage, inspire and educate our customers including but not limited to: logos, banners, brochures, merchandise cards, store displays, signage and way-finding, décor elements, and promotional materials
- Follow design standards and templates to ensure consistent use and application for execution (based on store concept)
- Incorporate different elements (photography, illustrations and copy) together into a well designed, coherent and effective message
- Ensure all artwork is press-ready for print production and liaise with print vendors and/or suppliers to discuss specific job requirements file preparation, timelines as well as review and approve printer proofs before final print production.
- Participate in Kick-Off and All Info meetings to gain a thorough understanding of client objectives and to make suggestions for alternative solutions or new ideas for P.O.P. execution
- Manage workflow and timelines of many concurrent projects through concept to completion while maintaining ongoing client involvement
- Occasionally be involved during concept and development stage working with clients and vendors providing mock-ups for approval and quoting purposes
- Use design periodicals, on-line research and other assorted media outlets to gain inspiration for developing concepts and executing designs
- Post-secondary education in graphic design; industry experience, preferably in a corporate environment, is an asset
- Highly creative, with strong design capabilities producing results at a consistently high standard
- Strong working knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
- High proficiency with current Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) and QuarkXPress
- A passion for keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media
- Excellent customer service and communication skills when working with cross-functional groups
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and effectively balance priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive, collaborative approach to work
- Experience applying corporate brand guidelines in a creative and consistent manner is an asset
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks