Graphic Designer full-time
We have an immediate opening on our Newspaper team for a Graphic Designer with strong creative and technical abilities. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, you will:
- work with editors to design glossy magazines and The Lawyers Weekly newspaper, as well as any other products deemed appropriate
- be responsible for the layout, pagination, and specific design of the magazines and newspaper in InDesign
- manage the workflow throughout the production cycle in order to adhere to production schedules, and deal with production/layout issue and track expenses
- be responsible for updating the web site and maintaining its graphic elements.
- Experience with layout software, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Demontrated accuracy, the ability to work within strict deadlines, and the ability to work effectively with other team members
- Strong time management skills
- A relevant post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) is required.
This is a PC work environment.
Work is on site in the Highway 407-Leslie Road area of Markham.
LexisNexis® is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK], LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 18,000 employees worldwide.
In Canada, LexisNexis serves professionals in law firms, corporations, government and academic institutions, providing them with total solutions that serve professionals’ changing needs and help them achieve excellence.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.