We are seeking a Graphic Designer/Marketing Coordinator for our boutique agency located in Vancouver, BC.
You're a creative and motivated designer who is passionate about visual content to drive impact with a call to action. You are innovative and excel at building content for event marketing, print materials, social media, newsletters, web design and more. You're also passionate about the arts, particularly music.
You can develop and deliver on a killer digital strategy - encompassing basic SEO, website updates, social media content, newsletters and more.
Our non-profit sector has a ton of opportunity to create rewarding impact (video, audio, photos etc), from our past 6 years and while we have a strategy and plan for it all, we need someone who can visually WOW the end user. Once we've put together the strategy, over to you to design it and we will work collaboratively to execute it.
Utilizing your creative digital and print skills, our nightlife sector will require lifestyle event marketing using established brand guidelines to promote corporate bookings, curated VIP experiences, events, tourism and more.
A MAJOR bonus if you also know how to develop an awesome social media strategy, social media ad buys, and develop engaging paid and organic digital content.
You will be the gatekeeper of our companies' aesthetic eye and will be tasked with the ongoing critical role of seamlessly crystallizing ideas, concepts and strategic intent into visual language and content.
You must be a creative, innovative and proactive individual who can design, develop and maintain websites, web tools and marketing materials under minimal supervision.
This position will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Prepare concepts, design assets and layouts for design projects from print to web
- Brainstorm and share new design perspectives and ideas
- Resolve technical and/or design issues
- Develop site content and graphics such as images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Update and maintain existing websites via WordPress
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or InDesign is a must
- Revise, edit & optimize web content
- Optimize websites for SEO, performance and analytics
- Being well organized and effectively prioritizing and managing deadlines
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Graphic Design/Communication/New Media or equivalent
- A diverse and visually stunning portfolio of past design projects
- Diverse and strong experience with branding, marketing and advertising
- Understanding of web functionality and limitations
- Familiarity with basic SEO and performance best practices
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with Email Marketing software such as Mailchimp
- Committed, independent and responsible worker
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- graphic design: 3 years (Preferred)