Full-time (6 month contract with potential for extension)
This position is responsible for the creation of visual design to support Elmwood Spa’s diverse marketing, communications needs, with a particular focus on creative concept and design of monthly, seasonal and loyalty promotions, as well as direct marketing, web/social marketing initiatives, e-marketing, and corporate communications. By covering a broad range of publications and promotional materials, this position will ensure that the visual design communicates the desired message, and functions within varying technical and performance specifications. The designer will set new precedents in print design and for our online presence and will make significant contributions to strategic communications design and brand evolution. Understand the importance of and creates an environment that inspires, energizes and helps promote the Company’s Mission, Vision & Values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes direction from Manager, Social Media and Marketing
- Collaborates extensively with Senior Manager Food & Beverage Services, Senior Manager Spa Services, Groups Sales Manager, Training Manager, and various external communications and marketing resources.
- Designs various print projects (internal and external).
- Designs various online communications materials and user interfaces as needed.
- Works collaboratively to take creative concepts through to print-ready artwork for use in publications, promotional materials, direct marketing vehicles and web or social media, such as e-mail postcards, and websites.
- Provides expertise and a creative input from the inception stage of design work through to its final production, liaising with the sales, marketing and communications team and senior managers to ensure initial concepts and ideas are explored and developed to the full.
- Oversees a project from concept through pre-press and press approval.
- Contributes to brand guidelines. Ensures all marketing all marketing materials reflect Elmwood Spa’s brand voice and related standards.
- Provides team support in specific administrative functions as required/assigned. This may include aspects of print production, from scheduling, copy checking, proof approvals, and obtaining quotes, supervising photography shoots and tracking photo use permissions.
- Provides support to marketing including updating and managing content on company websites, participating in Elmwood Spa, elmspa and Bangkok Garden’s social media properties such as twitter and Facebook; and managing email marketing communications, tracking results, and suggesting areas for improvement
- Ensures the well-being of our guests and associates by being alert to, having a working knowledge of crisis and emergency procedures, and removing or reporting potential hazards
- And such additional or alternate future tasks and duties that may reasonably be assigned to serve both theon-going and changing needs of the Company.
- Familiar with PC and MacIntosh platforms.
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media.
- Background in Marketing is an asset
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Excellent conceptual creative thinking skills. Able to recognize effective copy and be able to provide copywriting suggestions; a knack for creating dynamic, compelling headlines.
- Organized – ability to maintain a docket system.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt to a fast paced, multi-faceted environment with significant ongoing changes to its dynamics.
- Minimum 2-year diploma in graphic design or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise; 4-year diploma/university graduate and agency experience an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively; fluent in written and spoken English.