Graphic Arts Coordinator contract
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting opportunity in the Recreation and Culture Department for an experienced and motivated individual
GRAPHIC ARTS COORDINATOR (contract - approx 12 months)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. A City considered one of Canada’s most family-friendly, Vaughan has a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
The City of Vaughan is looking for a dynamic and creative individual who has excellent organizational, project management, communication and problem-solving skills in addition to superior customer service skills.
As the Graphic Arts Coordinator, you will be responsible for the design, production and coordination of Recreation & Culture Department marketing collateral (print/display/promotional). You will provide support with respect to website postings, copywriting, and develop and maintain Department photography and template inventories. In addition, you will manage production schedules and coordinate assigned work, as well as prepare specifications and solicit bids from printing companies and design agencies as required.
Qualifications and experience:
• As a minimum, you have a Community College Diploma in Graphic or Computer Graphics or related discipline
• A minimum four years experience in computer graphics and design, creating and executing professional design and advertising work including producing camera-ready artwork for a wide range of projects including large-scale publications
• Proficiency in proper page setup (bleed, trim, margin measurements) with a solid understanding of layers, master pages, in templating and knowledge of colour, space and exporting to print standards
• You have experience developing and executing printing plans and coordinating production schedules
o Working with print companies and design agencies
o Conducting market research
o Preparing media releases and copy writing, preferably in a municipal recreational
• Competency in personal computers and associated software including Desktop Publishing applications, specifically Adobe Creative Suites 5: In Design, Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; familiarity with SharePoint is an asset