CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Temporary Part Time Unionized opportunity in the
Recreation Services Department for an experienced and motivated individual
GRAPHIC ARTIST (PART TIME)
(CONTRACT UP TO 12 MONTHS)
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Responsible for providing graphic design services for the department by supporting the development, production and distribution of marketing material, communications, promotions, including print and digital material. Creates, coordinates, produces and evaluates the department’s print, marketing and multi/digital media material, including brochures, flyers, posters, presentations, digital marketing units, activity schedules, display material, and signage, ensuring conformity with departmental and branding standards. Provides support and assists in the maintenance of the department’s section of the website, intranet, and digital media/electronic marketing units, including ensuring they are current and reflective of the department’s branding, programs, services, activities and events. Develops and coordinates print and product price/bid quote specifications, including liaising with Supervisor and departmental staff to evaluate submissions and administers same according corporate policies and procedures. Develops and maintains procedures, protocols and artwork for departmental/community centre signs, schedules, bulletin boards , digital media marketing units, poster units and banners, ensuring departmental branding requirements are implemented.
Qualifications and experience:
- Community College Diploma in Graphic Design, or suitable equivalent;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in graphic design; creating promotional material ranging from print to web applications, producing artwork, and associated communication materials, including ad copywriting;
- Strong organizational, communication skills (oral and written), copy writing, grammar, problem-solving, auditing/analytical skills, including familiarity with copy editing mark-ups;
- Superior customer service skills including working collaboratively with staff teams, agencies, and external agencies;
- Competency in personal computers and associated software including Desktop Publishing applications, specifically Adobe Creative Suites 5: In Design, Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Familiarity with SharePoint is an asset;
- Available to work flexible hours involving evenings and weekends, and in accordance with the Collective Agreement;
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ license and a reliable vehicle to use on company business.