Global Brand Manager, Plants vs. Zombies full-time
Global Brand Manager, Plants vs. Zombies
Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Brand Manager with proven achievement in brand strategy, product marketing, and/or live service marketing. At EA, you will join a team that is shaping the future of gaming and be responsible for managing the Plants vs. Zombies brand.
The Brand Manager for Plants vs. Zombies, sits within the Global Brand Management team and will lead cutting-edge launch and live services marketing strategies at EA’s award-winning Studio in Vancouver, Canada. Reporting to the Senior Director Global Brand Management, you will drive marketing and brand strategy for Plants vs. Zombies games. The model candidate has expertise in product marketing, digital marketing and brand strategy. He/she must excel at marrying science and creativity to delight customers and partners, working with cross-functional teams to build strong brands. This person thrives in a dynamic, creative environment and enjoys working collaboratively.
- Working closely with functional teams in publishing, creative services, channel marketing, and sales to deliver product branding, positioning, audience insights and overall marketing strategies/go-to-market plans.
- Conducting ongoing product and competitive marketing analysis to ensure consumer and market trends are informing key strategies.
- Defining long-term brand vision, brand identity and creative direction that ensure consistency in messaging across all player touchpoints.
- Collaborating with studio game teams to develop product roadmap and strategic plans around user acquisition, engagement and retention, and help execute against the plans and tactics.
- Managing relationships with internal stakeholders across studios, publishing and other cross-functional teams.
- Analyzing performance data, including sales and in-game data, to identify opportunities and challenges, then create strategies and tactics to drive results.
- Curating, sharing, and managing live services business insights by which every cross-functional team who contributes to the end-to-end player journey builds their plans.
- Partnering with Consumer Insights team throughout the year to test merchandising, messaging, game features (and concepts), and improve player experiences based on those findings.
Skills / Competencies:
- Experience in major areas of marketing including: brand management, mobile, brand strategy, product marketing, search, CRM, social media and optimization
- Solid business, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Project management and coordination across functional groups and external partners.
- Strong expertise/understanding of mobile, consumer live service, e-commerce and consumer insights
- Experience building marketing strategies and executing tactical plans
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience taking a product or service from consumer insight, to ideation, to market
- Prior work with mobile technology, first party stores, and gaming industry data sources a plus
- Embraces working in a dynamic, flexible, ever changing environment
- Passion for sports and video games
- BA/BS from a top-tier institution
- Minimum 5 years working in marketing roles at top tier companies / top tier consumer brands.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Mobile or gaming industry experience and prior work with licensing partners are a plus.