Are you an experienced full stack software developer? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing company excite the heck out of you? If yes, read on!
Thinkific is a Vancouver-based tech company with a team of 16, and growing fast. We’re making it easy to teach and build businesses online. Visit our hiring page here: http://blog.thinkific.com/hiring/
Our all-in-one platform helps our customers create, market, and sell their own online courses. We currently power thousands of online courses for clients ranging from Hootsuite and other large companies, to thousands of independent experts, authors, speakers, coaches, and entrepreneurs around the globe.
A big part of our success is the experience our product offers – and that’s where you come in.
We’re hiring a motivated and exceptionally skilled intermediate to senior full-stack developer to join our engineering team.
We are seeking someone passionate about online education and software development to help create and deliver amazing new features and keep our application running smoothly.
A typical week might include things like:
- Spec and plan out new features for the product.
- Write code – naturally! Sometimes we do this together – sometimes independently.
- Fix bugs – yes, of course there are bugs!
- Code review the code of your fellow engineers.
- Work with our UX and graphics team to make a feature not only useful and functional, but beautiful and user-friendly.
- Work with our awesome customer support team to better understand how things should work and could work better.
Ultimately, your goal will be to help make our platform the best it can be by adding amazing new features and improving on the ones we’ve already built.
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you probably meet 4 or more of these!):
- You enjoy solving complex problems using a programming language and your brain.
- You believe that writing tests as a part of a feature is not just nice to have, but necessary.
- You want to be a part of the process when defining a new feature, not just told what to do.
- You enjoy and have experience with devops in the cloud.
- You believe that better solutions are achieved via collaboration, rather than independently.
- You spend a lot of your free time working on your own software projects.
- You spend a lot of your free time learning about new technologies.
- You’ve already created your own online course (bonus points if you’ve used Thinkific!)
- You have previous experience with Ruby on Rails, Ember.js and/or Riot.js.
- You hate the terms “rock star” and “code ninja” and believe that you’ve got just as much to learn as anyone else.
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, high performing team focused on building best-in-class software in order to grow our company
- We have plenty of office snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Celebrate & get to know your peers with monthly and quarterly team events
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, and customer success people that want to work with you