It’s an incredible opportunity for Glass Canvas to work alongside clients who are dedicated to doing “work that matters”. One of the ways we partner with organizations is to help them tell their stories; we share the essence of who they are and what they’re the best in the world at. We’re looking for a full stack developer with a good understanding of user experience and its relationship with frontend development. You’ll be responsible for implementing the visual elements that users will see and interact with in a web application. We want you to combine a design eye with the technical skills to bring it to life. Your role is to merge user friendly concepts with solid design and programming know-how.
A day in the life of a Front-end Developer
Here are some of your job duties:
Coordinating with client leads and getting to really understand the client; who they are and what they do. You’ll need to have a good understanding of what makes the organization tick and the elements that users will need in their web journey.
Working with our developers and designers to bring together ui/ux design and technical implementation. You’ll have an important role to play in how an application both looks and works.
Hunkering down to implement the ui with clean HTML5 patterns, well-organized SASS, and some JS snippets to make things pop. You might even bring in a few AJAX calls to load some dynamic content, a React component where it makes sense, and possibly jump into some React Native here and there.
Do you have what it takes?
Here are a few things we are looking for:
We need you to be on top of your game. While we understand that it will take time to get used to being part of the team, we want you to be a proactive self-starter, who can handle ambiguity and uncertainty with minimal guidance.
We need you to have a good understanding of user experience and how that factors into front end development. We also need you to be able to play around with Rails and some actual programming. Our team uses Ruby on the Rails, so any Rails experience you may have is a definite plus.
We need you to be comfortable with technology. We’re the texting, “Slacking” (bonus points if you get it), Google Hangout-ing ‘kinda team.
We’re also the praying kind, so spiritual conversations are commonplace. While we don’t require you to practice a certain kind of faith, most of our team members and our clients come from a spiritual background. So an openness to spirituality and church culture would definitely be an asset.
What is Glass Canvas really like?
Glass Canvas is made up of bunch of tech wizards, visionaries, administrative superstars and powerful storytellers.
We’re always up for a new adventure because we’re stoked about changing the world together. We’re fiercely intentional about the Glass Canvas culture and we make sure we’re working with brilliant and inspiring individuals whom we can also call friends.
- We do work that matters. We create what moves people to change the world. Passion for doing work that matters is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
- We speak the unspoken. We’re honest with ourselves and with each other. We have a culture of “speaking the unspoken”. That doesn’t mean that we’re jerks to each other; it means that we will say or do what it takes to help us become better at what we do. It’s an attitude of challenging each other, with intentionality and love.
- Leaders are readers. We’re dedicated to continuous learning so we can always bring our A-Game. Audiobooks allowed encouraged.
- Human. We’re not robots so we don’t act like robots. Cookie-cutter solutions and jargon-laden content make us cringe.
- Our (not so) secret recipe. We all like each other and we’re each other’s biggest cheerleaders.