NAIT’s Marketing and Communications team is seeking an enthusiastic and talented developer to lead web development activities. Reporting to the Manager of Web and Digital Media, the Web Developer is responsible for creating, developing, and implementing the technical elements of NAIT’s web presence.
The individual will provide technical designs and frameworks, build new websites and develop web solutions for clients across NAIT. The successful applicant must be a self-motivated professional who takes ownership of his/her work, and works well in a team environment. The individual must also demonstrate an enthusiasm for understanding new web technologies, finding simple solutions to complex problems, and working in the diverse and dynamic team that supports marketing and communications at NAIT.
- Work closely with web designers and information architects to create new websites and applications that support NAIT’s marketing and communications initiatives.
- Collaborate with developers from Information and Technology Services on web application development.
- Consult closely with stakeholders and translate their business needs into cohesive customer-centric web solutions that align with NAIT’s strategic direction.
- Map business requirements to the technical solutions used in a web application’s functionality.
- Document the data and application needs for a project to support evolving business functions and web technologies.
- Support maintenance and ongoing design of current websites and interactive components built in OpenText CMS.
- Related technical diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution and a minimum of five years directly related experience. Equivalencies may be considered.
- Experience developing websites in content management systems with an ability to adapt to changing environments, technologies and modern web standards.
- Experience with server-side technologies such as ASP.NET, Java, SQL and an understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of emerging web-based and social communication tools.
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships, communicate clearly, and understand a wide range of needs for different internal and external customers is critical.
- Superior planning and time management along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent skills in requirements gathering, analysis, assessment, and documentation, coupled with a deep understanding of new web technologies and social media platforms and tools.
- Ability to effectively track and document issues and their resolutions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to function in a dynamic and demanding work environment is essential.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges.