To define the luxury lifestyle shopping experience through building lasting relationships with our people, customers and partners, the Front End Web Designer / UX Lead will be responsible for designing/maintaining all of the digital assets required for the multiple web applications. This role will be responsible for developing initial concepts and delivering final design work for use across the multiple platforms. The UX Lead will work closely with the creative designers, agencies and web developers to ensure the vision of Holt Renfrew and the digital experience are adhered to.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Deliver digital assets for the use of web applications and the ecommerce platform.
- Responsible for hand-coding of both CSS and semantic, efficient, standards-compliant HTML5 where required
- Design and implement robust client-side solutions with AJAX and JSON, MySQL/PHP
- Establish and implement best practices and standards for all web presentation layer development
- Work closely with front-end developers to develop new features, sustain usability and amend changes to the web applications as required.
- Discuss technical solutions with partners and provide innovative new ideas to solutions
- Responsible for understanding the user experience strategy an driving the correct design implementations to deliver usability, consistency, forward thinking ideas.
- Collaborate with agile technical teams on functional projects
- Stay abreast of digital and design trends and recommend ways of improving the overall user experience.
- Responsible for quoting design timelines, project functionality and scope.
- Use quantitative data as collected to drive design improvements
- Work closely with the other areas within digital experience to deliver UX requirements or design work as required.
The ideal candidate:
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 5+ years of experience encompassing all aspects of web development & design
- Experience with HTML 5 /CSS/ Java script/ Alfresco/ Scene7
- Solid web design capabilities
- An understanding of accessibility guidelines
- Use & produce wireframes, prototypes to build and lead design work
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, a self-starter
- Ability to design pages using W3C standards-compliant
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to complete projects quickly and effectively while maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Experience with Photoshop and Wordpress and other design tools
- Familiar with ecommerce platforms
- Experience working with mobile applications or websites
- Experience with Basecamp, POS software, Windows, Linux and MacOSX
All candidates for positions at Holt Renfrew are expected to:
- Inspire with Service
- Lead with Passion
- Own it with Pride
- Earn lasting Relationships
The measures of success:
- Performance feedback
- 360 team feedback
- Engagement feedback
- IT Project Portfolio reporting
- Project status reporting (scope, fixes, enhancements)
- Team technology briefings and advocacy
- Proactive Recommendations and Innovation