Benevity is seeking a Front End Developer to join the growing team in our Liberty Village office located in Toronto. You are a creative front-end developer who is experienced in planning and developing user interfaces for web-based applications. You have an unquenchable thirst for all things that relate to to the user interface; your interest goes beyond code and stretches to design, usability and user experience.
Who we are
Better Work and a Better World: at Benevity, that’s what we’re all about. We’re a software company in the business of doing good, building better ways for companies to connect with their customers and employees around causes and prosocial behaviour (we make “doing well by doing good” more than just a tagline!). We’re growing fast and looking for more great people to join us.
We have that fun, flexible tech culture that people love, and we have a heart. We’re a registered B Corporation, which means we’re part of a new breed of companies committed to higher social and sustainability standards.
You’ll join a dedicated, passionate team that creates innovative solutions (we have two TechRev Innovators Awards under our belt) for our raving fans (er, clients). And you’ll get to rub shoulders with some of the most iconic companies and charities in the world to help them make a difference. Our dynamic environment appeals to self-driven, flexible team players who learn quickly, aren’t afraid to tackle hard problems and don’t mind wearing jeans to work. Sound cool? Join us!
What you bring
- Experience building efficient and reusable front-end systems
- Intermediate or advanced CSS, HTML, JS (3+ years)
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors
- Understanding of web accessibility and experience adhering to WCAG
- Extensive experience working with PHP
- Experience with version control systems
- Expert understanding of responsive web design
- Ability or willingness to learn how to debug interfaces across browsers and devices
- An interest in design as it relates to the user interface, usability and user experience, including an understanding of graphic design principles
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Ability to clearly communicate technical specs to designers and non-designers both verbal and written
- A willingness to embrace feedback from stakeholders and integrate it into your work on an ongoing basis
- CSS3, HTML5, front-end frameworks
- Knowledge of Drupal
- Experience with front-end analytics
- Experience working with non-profits
- Familiarity with agile development and formalized quality assurance
- Experience working in the SaaS environment (Software as a Service)
- Appreciation for the complexity of delivering large scale solutions to enterprise level clients
- Experience working with remote teams
What you can expect
- A once-in-a-career opportunity to join a mission-driven growth company on a growth trajectory and a unique, ultra-engaged culture
- Join a team of innovative thinkers, keen to be part of a growing and well funded company that is all about helping businesses create innovative corporate and workplace giving and other Goodness programs
- Work in a fast-paced environment for a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a history of proven success and stunning colleagues
- Develop professional internal and external relationships with other people passionate about the Benevity mission
- Connect with a rapidly growing and passionate group in an open, collaborative and fun environment
- While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.