WHAT IS SEARS INITIUM?
Join a hand-picked team of experts at the new Sears Canada Initium Commerce Lab, a ground breaking initiative focused on reinventing retail and redefining the shopping experience for Canadian consumers.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a Front End Developer at Initium, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining high quality retail web experiences as part of an advanced commerce ecosystem. You will work closely with business/functional and technical leads to review and clarify user and system requirements, plan and configure functions and features, develop and test the application, and support the ongoing maintenance of the interfaces throughout the development lifecycle.
In addition to providing the highest quality development services, you will also support the ongoing enhancement of the User Experience, develop new features and proof of concepts with direction from the business/functional leads, and implement initiatives to strengthen the UI and functional aspects of the application platform. You will also help influence design, programming and broader technical decisions to meet market/competitive demand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers throughout all stages of agile development
- Write test-driven code using best front-end UI practices
- Contribute to agile font end development with at least two of the following libraries/ frameworks: React, Angular, Backbone, jQuery, Meteor, Node
- Some light server-side development (ie. node.js, Java)
- Information Architecture, Wireframe and Prototype design and development
- Content Management System configuration and administration
- Develop mobile responsive experiences
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 2-5 years + of combined experience in developing cross-browser and cross-platform UI solutions, JSON, REST, UX technologies, integrating Front End code with Content Management Platforms, developing in Linux/Unix enviroments
- Knowledge of Superlative CSS and jQuery Skills with pixel perfect vision
- Familiar with source control platforms (Git/BitBucket, SVN)
- Familiar with installing and configuring a range of Content Management Platforms
- Knowledge on search engine optimization (SEO), specifically how front-end coding practices can affect SEO
- Previous experience with Java/J2EE, would be an asset
- University Degree in Computer Science