Our development team is growing and will be launching new and exciting web and mobile products. As we look toward the future, we know that great design and functionality must be at the core of our product. We are looking for a full time Front End Developer with a strong multi-media design background. We believe in agile and modern software development. That means rapid prototyping, short iteration loops, metric/data based decision making, test driven development, innovative user
experiences across all devices/platforms and scalability with well-designed APIs. We want our developers to be our evangelists, believing in our mission with a passion for what we are building.
LifeSpeak is a rapidly growing company whose digital platform helps organizations promote wellness and keep their employees engaged. We make it easy for employees and their families to access the support and inspiration they need to overcome hurdles and accomplish personal goals.
YOUR ROLE AND OUR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CULTURE
You will work out of our office in downtown Toronto. Your time will be divided into four areas:
- Continuous Product Improvement: We have a product roadmap with new features for our main client facing application. You will work on front end tasks and help bring this plan to life. You will also assist with optimization and debugging as required.
- Client Onboarding and Support: Working with our Account Managers you will help to deploy our main enterprise platform for new client accounts. We continuously update the content on our product, and, using our CMS, you will be responsible for quality assurance and pushing new content out.
- UX Design: You will provide UX design support to our Product Manager.
- Multimedia Creative Projects: You will assist our graphic design team as required to execute graphic and video projects.
QUALIFICATIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are either a recent graduate looking for a company to unleash your desire to show the world what you can do; or you are looking to make a major impact some place after your first few years of work.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Software Engineering, Web Design,
- Digital Graphic arts, Multi-Media Design or another related post-secondary program.
- Strong ability to develop and test platform-specific UI/UX including wire framing, mock-ups, iOS storyboards and Android UI XML. Good sense for creating intuitive and enjoyable multi-screen UX.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. Mastery of MS Office.
- Self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web
- Attention to detail and a sensitivity to the visual elements of the work you do.
- Ability to meet goals and timelines. As an agile development team we move fast and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills; talent for technical report writing and data visualization.
IT WOULD BE A BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Previous experience working with video technology, streaming videos/audio across devices.
- Developing for search engine optimization
- Fluency in French
- $40K to $50K salary
- Benefits Coverage
- 4 Weeks of Vacation