You. You’re passionate about health & fitness. You love translating that into creative, inspiring UX / UI. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where communication is key and positively impacts someone’s day. As the leader of our web presence at Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club, the Front End Developer understands that the work you produce is often an individual’s first and most important interaction towards achieving their goals.
- Delivering best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web projects.
- Designing and coding Wordpress websites, sites from templates, and manipulating the CSS to deliver enjoyable online and interactive experiences from beginning to end.
- Creating compelling designs by possessing an advanced knowledge of web UX/UI
- Wordpress installation, development on theme platforms and maintenance on plugins, upgrades etc.
- Test everything you execute across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Uploading sites to FTP, general web site maintenance.
- Setting up tags in Google Tag Manager, configuration and monitoring.
- Developing sites for search engine optimization.
- Standards-compliant code & documenting changes.
- Trouble shooting sites, code, plugins, etc.
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about digital best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
- 3+ years related experience
- Strong organization skills & accountability
- Excellent skills in development of:
- HTML5 / CSS3 / jQuery
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Wordpress, Drupal
- Google Tag Manager
- Really nice if you are familiar with:
- Adobe Premiere
- Code versioning tools (i.e. GIT, SVN)
- Social Media API’s
- E-commerce components (i.e. WooThemes, Moneris Plug-ins)
- DSLR cameras
- You inspire others to be at their best.
- Love digital platforms and engaging meaningfully both on and offline.
- Have a passion for innovating and implementing new technologies
- Driven to perform, develop and grow your responsibilities.
- Proactive approach, ability to take initiative and follow through.
- Enjoy being active
- Growing company! BC’s largest provider of fitness clubs and services.
- Competitive compensation and exciting rewards programs outside base pay.
- Use of clubs, discounted personal training, and participation in group fitness classes.
- Ongoing education and training opportunities.
- Retail and Partner discounts.
- Year round social activities and events.
- Actively involved in charitable and community events.
About Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club
At Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club we build our value by making fitness the best part of our members’ day. We operate best in class fitness facilities offering state of the art equipment, best in class personal trainers, and innovative group classes. More than that we are 1,000 dedicated team members serving over 100,000 members across 21 locations, and growing! We are looking to expand our team with individuals that naturally align to our mission and core values.