You. You’re passionate about health & fitness. You love translating that into creative, inspiring UX / UI. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where communication is key and positively impacts someone’s day.
Our exceptional & super fun marketing team is growing! The Front End Developer position is an amazing opportunity for a high-performing individual to join a team of people who are committed to your excellence. As a leader of our web presence you understand that the work you produce is often an individual’s first and most important interaction towards achieving their goals.
- Delivering best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code
- Designing and coding Wordpress websites, sites from templates, and manipulating the CSS
- Creating compelling designs by possessing an advanced knowledge of web UX/UI
- Wordpress installation, development on theme platforms and maintenance on plugins, upgrades etc.
- Test everything you execute across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Uploading sites to FTP, general web site maintenance.
- Setting up tags in Google Tag Manager, configuration and monitoring.
- Developing sites for SEO & UXO through analysis and reporting
- Standards-compliant code & documenting changes.
- Trouble shooting sites, code, plugins, etc.
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about digital best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
- 2+ years related experience
- Strong organization skills & accountability
- Excellent skills in development of:
- HTML5 / CSS3 / jQuery
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Tag Manager
- Really nice if you are familiar with:
- Adobe Premiere
- Code versioning tools (i.e. GIT, SVN)
- Social Media API’s
- E-commerce components (i.e. Moneris Plug-ins)
- DSLR cameras
- Growing company! BC’s largest provider of fitness clubs, services and brands.
- Complimentary gym membership, weekly team workouts, access to group fitness classes and discounted personal training.
- Retail and partner discounts with New Balance, Nike and many more.
- Year-round social activities and events; active participant in charitable and community events.