OPIsystems Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Front End Developer. This position will be located in our Calgary, Alberta office and will report to our Chief Technology Officer.
- Builds responsive, adaptive, mobile friendly web applications that are highly reliable, scalable, and easy to use.
- Uses a variety of modern web technologies to design, build out, and test core services and APIs for our mobile and web platforms.
- Ensures that software development meets internal and industry standards for programming, design, performance and security.
- Participates in all aspects of our agile development process including iteration planning, estimation, architecture, code and design reviews, automated testing, and backlog grooming.
Software Technology & Team Mentoring
- Establishes, documents, and champions the use of best practices and software development methodologies for the team with an emphasis on web development. Works closely with other developers to train, mentor, encourage, and learn from.
- Works directly with the team and OPI stakeholders to influence and implement an appropriate amount of technical process that enables a high velocity agile team to deliver products while working within a quality management system.
- Promotes and demonstrates continuous learning; shares knowledge with colleagues to improve overall capabilities of the team.
Web Development Subject Matter Expert
- Acts as subject matter expert and key technical resource for full stack web development.
- Relies on experience and problem solving capability to identify and address technical challenges and trade-offs within the system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering discipline (Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering), or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of commercial product development for a web-based platform that ideally includes data visualization, analytics, data aggregation, and scalability.
- Experience with a variety of UI technologies and frameworks (HTML5, CSS, Angular, React), and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with building applications which aid in the analysis of large sets of data through various user interfaces and visualizations such as graphs, charts, and 3D representations.
- Experience delivering highly reliable, fault tolerant web applications to market.
- Experience with scalability testing and protocol optimization for distributed control applications an asset.
- Able to contribute to a strong culture of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with .NET, SignalR, and databases (SQL, NoSQL) would be an asset.