The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, and have a strong customer service ethic. A developer at heart, you are able to code highly usable front ends, and you also have immense respect for the end-user experience and an appreciation of design subtleties that need to be rendered as accurately as possible. Applicants currently based in Calgary or those who are willing to relocate to Calgary are strongly preferred.
A front end developer at Habanero contributes to solution design and although you will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, the role does not include actual visual design or information architecture. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint development is a big plus!
Our front end developers have these skills and traits:
- Experience with: responsive web design, one or more back-end programming languages, version control, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Able to take initiative and able to create new approaches to problems
- Likable and fun to be around
Nice to have:
- Experience with: CSS preprocessors (LESS/SASS), MVC frameworks (Angular/Ember), task managers (Grunt/Gulp), mobile app frameworks (Cordova/Phonegap), Node.js and community, automated browser and unit testing, C#/.NET
- Involvement in the front-end development community (on or offline)
- Portfolio of relevant work