We are looking for a talented, process-oriented Expert Drupal Developer and Technical Lead to strengthen our Drupal expertise and build on our technical foundation. The Drupal Expert ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget and with the business outcomes clients expect and actively participates in the production cycle of Projects. Your expertise and passion for Drupal and open source in general is supported by an understanding of effective user experience, SEO, site search, analytic, site features & functionality, lead-capture, e-commerce transactions, social media, mobile commerce and other multi-channel digital tools.
We are looking for candidates that fit our culture of:
- Being on time
- Producing work we are proud of
All while practicing Transparency, Leadership, and Collaboration.
- Assist Project Managers and others stakeholders in creating project plans and "pre-sales" activities (estimates, specifications, scope, approach, schedule, risks)
- Communicate technical planning, strategy and outputs to all stakeholders
- Provide clear descriptions and accurate, competitive estimates of the technical deliverable
- Roll out features and complete sprint milestones & projects on schedule
- Lead development of high quality work outputs
- Be accountable for developing and maintaining Production SOP / Best Practices / Work-Flows
- Lead testing -- on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Lead logic and functionality testing to ensure that the sites are working according to the strategy
- Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
- Participate project planning, initiation, check-in and scrums
- Research & implement new trends in areas of expertise as they reflect company initiative or client project
- Actively mentor & guide Tier II/I team members in general practice of Production and specific areas of expertise
- Foster intra-team technical communication & assist team members in solving outstanding technical issues as they arise
- Evangelize development and technical design principals across internal and external teams
- Mentor team on proper code patterning and processes
- Provide up-to-date development guidelines for all developers
Timeline Management -- Ability to launch projects on schedule
Client Reviews -- Client based feedback following project completion
Testing -- Make sure features meet functional requirements and are bug-free before launch
Problem Solving -- Provide solutions when requirements aren't clear
Process Management -- Optimize and enforce development workflow and processes
- Completed Post Secondary Education (University or College) preferably in a technical field
- 5+ years web application development experience
- 5+ years PHP
- 3+ years Drupal
- Experience with WordPress an asset
- Project management experience (PMP Certification achieved or in-progress a bonus)
- Experience working directly with customers to meet business objectives.
- Understanding of agile methodologies & principles (scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Proficiency with Drupal's Coding Standards, approaches and common API's.
- Experience with MySQL (queries, bulk data import/export, etc.).
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS. Experience with modern web standards required (semantic markup, HTML5, mobile web)
- Knowledge of integrating SOA or 3rd-party services (especially cloud-based solutions such as SalesForce) with web applications.
- Understanding of prototyping
- Results / Quality / Process oriented
- Can effectively translate business requirements into features & functional outputs
- Excellent and pro-active written and verbal communication skills
- $75k - $100k/year depending on experience
- Extended health and dental
- 20 paid days off per year
- Free at home internet connection
- Company funded education, certification and career development
- Unparalleled growth opportunities