Quarry is the buyer experience agency for savvy marketers who want to transform their brands. Our clients span a broad range of industries and audiences, with one element in common: all market highly engineered goods and services across a complex buying journey.
We are looking for a creative force for the modern, savvy marketer. Someone who understands the power of ideas, is digitally oriented, adopts a results-focused mindset when executing the “big idea,” champions the insight-driven approach and has a keen interest in new technologies. Most importantly, someone who can inspire other creative professionals to constantly strive for new ideas and approaches.
CREATIVITY / WORK DELIVERY
- Bring fresh, new perspectives to the creative process and ideation.
- Lead the development of strategic ideas into actionable tactics, supporting the various client brand transformational strategies.
- Share a depth of understanding in digital, copywriting, graphic design and UX disciplines across the Creative team.
- Enable and promote collaboration within the Creative team (digital, copywriting, graphic design and UX disciplines) and between the Creative team and the Client Services and Strategic Planning teams.
- Deliver the highest-quality creative product within budgets and timelines.
- Bring energy and inspiration to creative thinking across the entire Creative team and across a wide range of client/brands.
- Provide creative leadership, direction and mentoring to the Creative team (25+ members); motivate everyone to imagine something better (individually and as a collective).
- Act as the facilitator of strengths within the team and identify, leverage and grow them, providing creative leadership throughout.
- Provide ongoing guidance to Team Leads in matters of living our beliefs, collaboration, conflict resolution, resourcing challenges and people-related issues.
- Lead recruiting, coaching, professional development, talent management and succession planning for the Creative team.
- Keep abreast of industry trends/emerging directions, as well as new methods of delivery and technology for the graphic design, digital and copywriting teams.
- Apply industry best practices in all creative disciplines, enabling Quarry to excel as an industry leader.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to conceive, implement and manage organizational strategy, and then align, inspire and lead the Creative team in support of the organizational strategy.
- Bring vision to life and ensure consistency in the Quarry brand.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on business development and sales presentations to both new and existing clients, selling the big creative ideas developed by our Creative team.
- Be a spokesperson within the industry on Quarry’s offers and capabilities.
BUSINESS / FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Participate as an active member of the Integration Council (our Executive Committee), representing the creative disciplines.
- Spearhead the continued refinement of the creative procedures,
- processes and best practices to deliver industry-leading quality and cost effectiveness.
- Lead the Creative team to meet or exceed annual financial/cost performance.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Creative thinker and spark to other creative professionals.
- Ability to generate big ideas from customer insight and strategy.
- An understanding and appreciation of all creative disciplines and how they fit into the buyer journey.
- Credible with creative professionals in the industry and within the organization.
- Demonstrated success in a Creative Senior Management leadership role.
- Experience with B2B Fortune 500 clients and highly engineered products and services.
- Experience with budgeting, planning and financial performance for a business group or department.
- Proven expertise in leading, mentoring, coaching and managing a large group of creative professionals across various disciplines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in digital, graphic design, writing or related discipline.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in a creative role within an agency environment, ideally with a minimum of 5–7 years in a leadership role.