Are you creative, innovation and entrepreneurial? Do you want to be part of the venue industry's hardest working team? Then Revolution Place is waiting for you. We host a wide variety of events ranging from concerts; family events and trade shows; in-house productions; international, junior and minor hockey; curling; conventions, banquets, weddings and the event list continues to grow!
Your tasks include but are not limited to:
- Aggressively promote Revolution Place to potential clients; regularly contact show promoters, Venue Coalition, agents and other talent buyers regarding event bookings and actively pursue revenue generating activity including attendance at industry-related events
- Execute facility booking contract details by determining, planning and organizing production and technical requirements and other event details in cooperation with show organizer and Venue Operations, Box Office, Guest Services and Administrative staff.
- Assist in determining event staffing requirements in cooperation with team members and assign work to contracted services (i.e. event crew and medical personnel)
- Work in conjunction with Alberta Gaming Liquor Commission, Alberta Health Services, Fire Department, Safety Codes
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of the entertainment industry,
- communications media, production personnel and the public
- Assist in the development and management of in-house and co-promoted events to maximize revenues
- Attend and supervise events as assigned
The successful candidate will have a university degree in business, marketing or a related field. Candidates must have a minimum three years' experience in negotiating contracts, organizing and staging events in an arena or entertainment venue or with two years of concentrated “on the job” training to obtain competencies as described above.
We need someone to join a rock solid team who has the proven ability to generate, implement and promote creative ideas and projects; a background and contacts in the entertainment industry along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision; an individual who can provide a superior level of guest and client service through tactful, clear and effective communication in person, in writing and on the telephone along with the ability to exercise mature judgement to deal effectively with clients, patrons and staff. Cooperation and collaboration are key!
Computer knowledge and experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Windows applications; event planning software i.e. SketchUp, e-mail, Facebook, twitter, Instagram and website development will be critical assets); a basic knowledge and understanding of accounting along with familiarity of legal implications and terms used in contracts are needed. Depending on event activity, the position involves some pretty crazy hours and evening and weekend work. And yes, you definitely need a sense of humour along with flexibility in a rapidly changing and always hectic environment.
What we offer
Revolution Place offers a fast paced and challenging workplace and knows the value of work/life balance and flexibility. You will work within a team based environment with a focus on customer service, safety, innovation and getting things done right!
Job base location
Hours of work
40 hours a week
Salary / Wage
Salary Band E
PLEASE NOTE: Smoking restrictions are in effect. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest - only those selected for interview will be contacted. This position is available in early March.
Please submit your application no later than 3:00 pm, Monday, February 22, 2016