Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is a diverse business operating in the agriculture, food, energy and home and building sectors. Based in Saskatoon, Sask., FCL is owned by independent retail co-operatives from across Western Canada that are committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. FCL is involved in wholesaling and manufacturing, including refined fuels and lubricants. It also provides administrative and marketing support to its member-owners. FCL is one of Saskatchewan’s top employers and Canada’s greenest employers. For more information, visit www.fcl.ca.
The Co-operative Retailing System is a network composed of Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) and over 200 independent retail co-operatives that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities in Western Canada. From Vancouver Island to northwestern Ontario and into the Arctic, retail co-ops serve 1.8 million active members and many more customers at 2,500 locations. FCL centrally supplies and supports these retail co-ops. By working together under the CO-OP® brand, we are all committed to local investment, community mindedness and lifetime membership benefits. For more information, visit www.coopconnection.ca.
FCL invites applications for the position of Email Marketing Specialist in our home office located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The Email Marketing Specialist plays the lead role in the evolution and growth of FCL’s email marketing end electronic messaging platforms. FCL’s enterprise level email platforms play a critical role in Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) digital presence — fostering best-in-class Customer Relationship Management (CRM). The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for the successful management of daily email operations as well as playing a key role in providing the strategic direction of FCL’s email marketing and electronic messaging channels. The Email Marketing Specialist works collaboratively with department colleagues, commodity marketing teams and retail marketing contacts across the CRS, as well as external vendors, to develop innovative email marketing products that foster and maintain a positive, lifetime relationship between the CRS and its member and non-member consumers.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Responsible for successful deployment, management and measurement of outbound mass email and SMS marketing communications, relying and building upon user preferences, personas and marketing automation in supporting campaigns to drive increased engagement while providing value to our retail members.
- Ensure digital deadlines are met and goals achieved based on the strategies developed by the Marketing and Communications team.
- Work with complex systems to deploy personalized and/or localized email campaigns that consistently surpass industry averages, resulting in best in-class database list growth and health.
- Use A B testing and analysis to make data driven client recommendations and decisions and to determine layout, prioritization and type of content.
- Proactively plan the user journey and structure of the inbox experience and forms for efficient and accurate collection data and analytics.
- Work with stakeholders including third party vendors to ensure proper implementation of creative assets that support the goals of each project and ensure brand consistency and performance.
- Assist the Digital Marketing team with its management and analysis of databases and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) initiatives.
- Influence central email solutions for delivery across the CRS and work to find innovative solutions to accommodate local content.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Diploma specializing in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Web Design, 5+ years in the digital marketing field and 3+ years specializing in campaign management with experience using programs such as Constant Contact, Salesforce, Oracle, IBM or similar enterprise level messaging or CRM platforms. Demonstrated knowledge of marketing, advertising, and user experience preferred. Retail customer service and/or client relations are assets. Affiliation with a relevant professional body is an asset.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.