Job Summary and Scope
The Email Campaign specialist will plan, implement, and analyze various email campaigns. This role is a part of a multi-disciplinary team and manages the creation of an email campaign, identifying target audience, monitoring data, and tracking performance results. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to manage a wide range of e-marketing programs and campaigns, with an emphasis on mass emails for events. Seeking a flexible, self-directed individual accustomed to working with multiple managers in a cross-functionally environment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Create viable email templates that can be used routinely for email campaigns
- Responsible for email campaign execution according to company business goals
- Owns email campaign targeting, testing, QA, data monitoring, content, and launch
- Work with database files to ensure proper cleansing of records
- Ensure all email campaigns adhere to creative, technical and legal specifications by working with various key departments
- Assist the Resource Manager with determining a schedule for regular, as well as intermittent email campaigns
- Assist Account Managers and Project Managers in developing email marketing system solutions including databases, online forms and triggered broadcasts
- Monitors campaigns to ensure all key data points are being tracked
- Manages email campaign reporting and determination of follow-up campaign suggestions/ideas; Rolling up campaign metrics (opens, click throughs, etc.) for stakeholder review
- Provide email reports that make use of various traffic tracking applications and trends and recommend any improvements or changes based on these results
- Consult and troubleshoot on HTML/text templates, personalization, and URL/redirector issues
- Manages and execute email test messages
- Managing email marketing campaigns.
- Ability to follow process and recommend process improvements.
- Proven ability to solve problems.
- Edit HTML/XHTML code.
- Preparing any necessary graphic files to be used in an email, such as sourcing and resizing.
- Generate reports on regular basis for Account and Analytic Teams.
- Routinely test for both functionality and quality of the emails that are sent out.
- Managing list pulls in SQL Server and/or Oracle and cleaning up the data.
- Performing regular program tests, ensuring that new feature updates in Campaign Enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Programming, Digital Communications or related discipline
- 3+ years’ of email marketing experience
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of HTML coding, as well as experience with marketing automation solutions
- Experience with list creation and database management
- Experience in managing and manipulating large amounts of data to ensure accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced CSS skills
- Hands-on experience in SQL language
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Previous experience with Eloqua platform is preferred
- Working knowledge of Dreamweaver, Photoshop are assets