Security Compass is a professional services company in Application Security. We make security education courses that help global, recognizable companies grow knowledgeable teams, using actionable metrics and tailoring courses to a student’s needs - all through the web.
Our training team is growing and we’ve accelerated at four-fold pace just this past year. Security Compass training is about applying learning technologies, modern instructional techniques, and data-driven metrics to help redefine how companies learn to protect their infrastructure and software from hackers.
The opportunity to join and grow with us using your expertise is happening now. Help us build a new landscape for how people learn about Application Security and help us make a difference.
About the Job
Security Compass eLearning is our most important asset. Our courses are what global organizations will see and experience first, making quality and instructional design of huge importance. As an eLearning designer we are looking for someone to help drive our vision, be innovative and creative, and explore and employ the latest and greatest in training technologies. In practice this means someone who is able to design detailed courses using vector graphics, understands animation timelines, and has a great eye for details. They will be responsible for iterating on our existing design methodology, using rapid development techniques and providing insight to instructional design.
- Design and develop learning solutions/training
- Using instructional design methodologies and techniques to design and develop learning solutions to meet diverse learner needs (utilizing various media including, instructor-led training, e-learning courses, and blended learning solutions).
- Design eLearning courses using Articulate Storyline
- Build training resources as required
- Aid LMS administrators with promoting adoption and increasing usage rates
- Employ gamification techniques when creating new or updating courses
- Work closely with highly technical subject-matter-experts to create relevant courses for highly technical students
- Review and revise existing learning content to ensure consistency and accuracy of information.
- Identifying ways to leverage internal resources to improve efficiencies.
- Ensuring all digital learning deliverables meet the technology standards and accessibility requirements.
- Being able to act responsively in a work environment that has frequently changing priorities
- Being directly involved in the development of training solutions for multiple initiatives/projects of varying degrees of complexity that are managed concurrently and/or are required within short timeframes.
- Experience designing technical training solutions an asset
- Experience using Articulate Storyline
- Ability to create graphics using basic vectors
- Experience with Adobe CS suite considered an asset
- Graphic design experience an asset
- General understanding of Application Security considered an asset
What We Offer to You
- Highly competitive total compensation and benefits package
- Fun and family-oriented work environment.
- Opportunities to develop your skills, work on interesting projects and make an immediate impact to Security Compass.