FGL s Ltd. is Canada's largest national retailer of sporting goods, offering a comprehensive assortment of brand-name and private-brand products, operating stores from coast to coast, under the following corporate and franchise banners: Sport Chek, Sport Mart, Athletes World, National Sports, Sports Experts, Intersport, Atmosphere, Tech Shop, Nevada Bob's Golf, Hockey Experts, The Fitness Source, and S3. FGL Sports Ltd. also has websites for several of its corporate and franchise banners which can be accessed through its main website at www.fglsports.com.
Reporting to the Marketing Channel Director at FGL Sports, the eCommerce & Content Manager will be a key member of a dynamic, highly functioning and evolving marketing team. This individual, along with the entire marketing team will value creativity and passion to inspire Canadians to lead healthy active lifestyles while marketing to customers for Sport Chek, Atmosphere and Sport Mart banners.
- Leads eCommerce team that supports the merchandising and content creation for Sport Chek web operations providing strategic direction and driving sales to both online and in store;
- Maintain corporate and banner websites including maintenance, site redesigns and enhancements;
- Executes integrated marketing campaigns that drive multi-channel (brick and mortar promotions online), eCommerce marketing initiatives, and database/email marketing strategies;
- Responsible for SEO and SEM initiatives and manages list segmentation and profiling functionality across banners;
- Create alignment and collaboration between marketing and other functional areas, especially key stakeholders in Purchasing and Store Operations;
- Contribute to brand management both corporately and across the banners including positioning, framework, architecture, brand guidelines, customer experience and brand marketing;
- Manage strategy and execution for new content management systems that house marketing materials from both internal and external sources;
- Develop and manage the photo library and content management systems maintaining associated usage guidelines;
- Contribute to the planning process and work collaboratively with marketing team to build and execute marketing campaigns, programs and initiatives;
- Use customer insights, analytics, research and reporting functions to support decision making, analyzing results and providing new ideas;
- Partner with external agencies and vendors to develop and execute eCommerce, web and content database management initiatives;
- Participate in marketing related special projects and new initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in eCommerce, merchandising, marketing or related field;
- Degree in business, marketing or similar major;
- Background in retail, sporting goods and/or product related areas;
- Strong marketer with experience in web marketing, web programming, site administration, web analytics, search engine marketing and email marketing;
- Background making decisions based on consumer insights and sound analysis;
- Strong drive for collaboration and alignment in a team atmosphere,
- Strong leader of efficient and effective marketing processes and project management;
- Background in developing and maintaining content management systems;
- A history of innovation, creativity and delivering results; and
- Enjoys sports, is physically active, leads a healthy lifestyle and therefore has a strong affinity to the business.
"Within the confines of applicable Human Rights and Privacy Legislation, FGL Sports Ltd. requires all successful applicants to provide a criminal record check."