Director, Sales and Marketing
At the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (A Fairmont Managed Hotel), our Sales professionals are ambassadors of the engaging service and authentically local experiences we offer in places of unrivalled presence. Develop your market and lead a passionate team as Director, Sales and Marketing, where your interpersonal, service and entrepreneurial strengths will ensure exceptional operating results and guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Experiences are invited at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Hotel (A Fairmont Managed Hotel), located in the heart of downtown Calgary in the midst of the city’s most exciting shopping and recreation area. Our award-winning, 4-diamond, all-suite hotel’s neighboring attractions include the Eau Claire Market, Y.M.C.A. and Prince's Island Park - an extensive parkland which plays host to a multitude of Calgary festivals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Sales department, ensuring all service standards are followed
- Responsible for all Sales Colleagues’ achievement of individual goals
- Direct all sales initiatives for the hotel
- Provide guidance and direction in the development of segment action plans
- Be responsible for account management of key market segments
- Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Review sales contracts, considering the number of rooms, average rate and total revenue objectives of the hotel
- Participate in select sales activities both on and off property
- Set individual room revenue and/or room night goals
- Manage any Sales Incentive Programs
- Ensure the integrity of key accounts, the key prospect data base and monitoring of the sales software programs for accuracy and thoroughness
- Prepare an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous senior leadership experience within sales required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications andor relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!